Hundreds of the latest cars, crossovers, trucks and SUVs will cruise into the San Jose McEnery Convention Center, 150 W. San Carlos St., for the 2014 Silicon Valley International Auto Show at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 9 through Sunday, Jan. 12.
From plug-in electric vehicles to a dazzling collection of ultra-high-end exotics, the auto show offers something for everyone, according to organizers.
The event, owned and presented by the Silicon Valley Auto Dealers Association and produced by Motor Trend Auto Shows, LLC., offers attendees the chance to check out the newest vehicles side-by-side in a non-selling environment, said show spokesman Shelbi Okumura.
Admission is $11 for adults and $8 for military (with D.O.D. ID), seniors (62 and older) and students (under 21 with valid school ID) children age 7 to 12. Children 6 and younger are admitted free when accompanied by an adult. Tickets can be purchased online by clicking here.
The show floor will be packed with new car models including the BMW i3 – BMW’s first all-electric vehicle, Corvette Stingray Coupe, Acura RLX, Lexus IS, Mazda3, Mercedes-Benz S-Class, Subaru Forester, Toyota Corolla and a collection of luxury vehicles.
Attendees will also enjoy pre-production models including the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado HD, Cadillac Escalade and GMC Yukon, Okumura added.
There will also be a multimillion dollar collection of ultra-high-end exotic vehicles including the hottest models from Bentley, Aston Martin, Lotus and Rolls-Royce, Okumura said.
The dazzling collection will turn heads courtesy of Los Gatos Luxury Cars.
Luxury car enthusiasts will also enjoy a stunning collection of ultra-high-end exotic vehicles.
Participants will be allowed to test drive more than 50 vehicles that include:
- Cadillac – The Standard of the World – Cadillac CTS Sedan, CTS Sedan Performance, CTS Sedan Luxury, CTS-V Coupe, SRX Performance, XTS Platinum, ATS Luxury and Escalade Platinum
- Chevrolet, Buick, GMC – The Drive – Chevrolet Spark, Sonic, Volt, Cruze, Malibu, Impala, Camaro, Equinox, Traverse and Silverado; Buick Encore, Regal and LaCrosse; and GMC Terrain, Acadia and Sierra
- Ford Go Further Ride and Drive – Ford Focus Electric, Fusion Energi, Fiesta, Mustang, F-150, Explorer, Focus ST and C-MAX Energi
- The Toyota Drive Center – Toyota Tundra, Corolla, 4Runner, Highlander and RAV4
Attendees will also be allowed to experience the latest EcoBoost technology from Ford in the so-called Ford EcoBoost Simulator complete with seats, screens, steering wheel, pedals and a hydraulic system that moves up and down and tilts front to back, Okumura said.
The latest fuel-efficient technology cars will also be on display such as the newest plug-in electric vehicles.
Attendees can check out the BMW i3, Chevrolet Spark Electric, Ford Focus Electric and Ford Fusion Energi and more.
Other show details:
- CEFCU (Citizens Equity First Credit Union) Family Day – On Sunday, Jan. 12, all children 12 and under are admitted free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Free Motor Trend Auto Shows App – Visit iTunes or Google Play to download the new Motor Trend Auto Shows free mobile App for the iPhone or Android. Use the App to buy tickets, map your route, view participating manufacturers and get vehicle information at a glance.
- Free one-year subscription to Motor Trend Magazine (a $12 value), courtesy of the Silicon Valley Auto Dealers Association. Participants must complete the subscription card at the auto show, or online.