There are a number of theories and predictions that call for earth’s demise on Dec. 21, 2012, which some say is the end of the Mayan calendar.
On Cupertino Patch’s Facebook page I posed this question about the end of the world hype and share the community’s reactions here.
Cupertino Patch: I have to ask...is anyone talking about or concerned about this Mayan calendar/end of the world thing on Dec. 21? It's a HUGE topic across the country. Thoughts, please.
- There are too many other real news stories to comfort the kids about. —Robin Hurwitz
- Hold that thought--I'll get back to you next week, lol. —Paul Buxton
- Not worried one little bit!—Veronica Nourse
- The predictions the weather people make this week about next week don't always come true, so what weight do you think should be given to predictions made hundreds of years ago? I'm expecting to celebrate the new year.—Dana Marks
- Mayan guy says to friend: "Wanna get a beer?"
- Other Mayan Guy replies: "I'm working on this calendar, but
- I guess if I don't finish it won't be the end of the world."—Gary E. Jones
- Planning on a few bowl games, some light reading, a little late night window shopping for the perfect blu-ray player, etc.—Mark Burns
- I'm looking forward to this weekend, and yes, there will be a weekend!—Janice Chua
Add your thoughts and comments here.