A religious shrine candle left unattended started a fire in a Cupertino townhome Thursday resulting in a loss of about $5,000 property damage and $1,000 in belongings.
Santa Clara County Firefighters received a call about the fire at about 1:27 p.m. and determined the fire started in a bedroom at 10872 Northfield Square. The fire was extinguished within an hour and there were no injuries.
A Saturn Vue's engine caught fire on Highway 85 near Stevens Creek Boulevard a little after noon on Monday. The cause of the fire was undetermined and resulted in about $6,000 property damage and $1,000 contents loss.
No injuries were reported.