.

Flammable Material and Space Heater Start Cupertino Home Fire

A Jan. 3 fire in a home near the Stevens Creek Boulevard post office was traced to a space heater and items stored next to it.

A home office fire on Thursday, Jan. 3 in Cupertino that caused thousands of dollars in damage was the result of combustible materials stored too close to a space heater, fire officials said.

Santa Clara County Fire responded to a call at 1:43 p.m. in the 10100 block of Orange Avenue, near Stevens Creek Boulevard and Bubb Road, and found the small one-story home on fire.

The fire was contained to the room where the fire started fire officials determined. The fire was put out and firefighters cleared the area at 4:37 p.m.

The homeowner was taken to Kaiser Santa Clara for evaluation, but was uninjured. No other injuries were reporter.

About $40,000 in property loss and $5,000 in content loss was sustained due to the fire.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »