Livermore police arrested a popular golf coach on suspicion of sexually assaulting boys between the ages of 12 and 17 just one day before he was to receive an award from the Northern California Section of the PGA honoring his work with youth.
Alameda County prosecutors charged Andrew Nisbet, 31, with 65 counts of sexual abuse and assault following an investigation by Livermore police. Nisbet was arrested Saturday and the banquet where Nisbet was to receive the 2013 Junior Golf Leader Award at the Contra Costa Country Club was scheduled for Sunday.
More details about the case can be found on the Dublin Patch site.
(Here is information received from the Livermore Police Department and compiled by Patch local editor Autumn Johnson.)
On Saturday, December 7, 2013, about 10:00 a.m., Detectives from the Livermore
Police Department arrested Andrew Michael Nisbet, who resides in Livermore, for
multiple sexual abuse charges. The arrest stemmed from an extensive sexual abuse investigation.
The investigation so far has revealed that the sexual abuse occurred in Livermore between 2009 and 2012. Nisbet was employed at the Las Positas Golf Course in Livermore as the PGA Golf Pro from 2006 to present as a coach for children.
While employed at the Las Positas Golf Course, it is suspected that Nisbet sexually
assaulted multiple male children between the ages of 12 and 17 years old. Nisbet
was a highly regarded Junior Golf Coach who coached many children in junior golf
tournaments throughout the State of California, as well as nationally. LPD detectives discovered that Nisbet coached children in Michigan, North Carolina, Mississippi, and Alabama.
On Thursday, December 5, 2013, LPD Detectives presented the case to the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office. The District Attorney filed 65 counts of the listed charges. Since Nisbet’s arrest, an additional victim has been located. LPD Detectives informed Las Positas Golf Course of Nisbet’s arrest. Las Positas Golf Course terminated Nisbet’s employment immediately.
According to police officials, Nisbet was arrested on the following charges:
- Penal Code 288a(c)(2)(a) – Oral Copulation by Force.
- Penal Code 288a(b)(2) – Oral Copulation of a Person under age 16, Suspect over 21.
- Penal Code 288a(b)(1) – Oral Copulation of a Person under age 18.
- Penal Code 288(c)(1) – Lewd and Lascivious Acts with a child age 14 or 15 years.
- Penal Code 288(a) – Lewd and Lascivious Acts with a child under the age of 14.
- Penal Code 288.2(a) – Distribution or Exhibition of Lewd Material to a Minor.
- Penal Code 288.2(b) – Distribution or Exhibition of Lewd Material to a Minor.
- Penal Code 288.4(a) – Arrangement of Meeting with a Minor for the Purpose of Engaging in Lewd and Lascivious Behavior.
- Penal Code 288.4(b) – Meeting with a Minor for the Purpose of Engaging in Lewd and Lascivious Behavior.
Those who wish to remain anonymous may do so.