A cost three houses more than $540,000 in property damage and content loss, officials said.
An unattended electric “portable hot plate” in a shed behind to three houses—a neighboring house at 10504 N. Stelling, and a home at 20972 Greenleaf Dr.
Two minor injuries were reported. A resident suffered a minor burn and was treated by emergency workers on the scene. A firefighter was injured by falling debris and taken to the hospital and later released.
The call reporting a “stove fire” came into Santa Clara County Fire Department at about 5:33 p.m. and firefighters cleared the scene at about 9:45 p.m.
For safety purposes traffic was detoured away from N. Stelling by Santa Clara County Sheriff’s deputies.
The home at 10510 N. Stelling Rd. suffered a property damage loss of about $200,000 and an additional $30,000 loss in contents, fire officials estimate, as well as a loss of $1,000 in the shed with $300 lost in contents.
The home at 10504 N. Stelling Rd. suffered a property damage loss of about $100,000 and an additional $15,000 loss in contents, and the home at 20972 Greenleaf Dr. lost about $100,000 in property damage and $30,000 in content damage.