Here are five things going on in your community that may interest you:
* Holiday shopping begins this week with a sneak peak preview of the West Valley Presbyterian Church’s Holiday Boutique that begins Friday, Nov. 4 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. No sales of the items take place on Friday so if something catches your eye you’ll need to return to McHattie Hall of the church on Saturday, Nov. 5 when doors open at 9 a.m. and close at 4 p.m. Get there early and stop by the bake sale, held in rooms 11/12 which starts at 8:30 a.m. The sale continues after church Sunday, Nov. 6 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The church is located at 6191 Bollinger Rd.
* West Valley Community Services's First Annual WVCS 5K Charity Fun Run, hosted by the Summer Youth Volunteer Club, takes place Saturday, Nov. 5 at the Los Gatos Creek County Park. For sponsorship information, click here.
* Classes start Saturday, Nov. 5 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. to learn how to be part of the Community Emergency Response Team. The training prepares people to be part of the disaster response solution. It costs $35 for all the classes that are held in Los Gatos and run through Nov. 19. Contact Miguel Grey at 408-341-4486 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. org or register at www.cupertino.org/emergency.
* A condensed version of Shakespeare’s MacBeth comes to Cupertino Community Hall on Saturday, Nov. 5 from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. The free event, sponsored by the Cupertino Library Foundation, will be performed by members of the San Francisco Shakespeare Festival.
* Cupertino continues to celebrate Diwali on Sunday, Nov. 6 at 4 p.m. with a Bharatanatyam dance performance by Lasya Dance Company at Cupertino Community Hall. The free event is sponsored by Friends of the Cupertino Library.